Content & Communications Coordinator
Remote Consultant / Starting Immediately
Keri Gray is the Founder & CEO of the National Alliance of Melanin Disabled Advocates (NAMD Advocates). The NAMD Advocates is a membership hub for Disabled Black & Brown people who are enhancing the social and economic standards of their communities. Additionally, as a consultant, speaker, and facilitator, Keri works with companies and organizations, so they are prepared to leverage intersectionality as an organizational practice. Keri’s work has been featured in Teen Vogue, People Magazine, Time Magazine, Madamenoire, and the Diet Coke campaign #Unlabeled. See an example of Keri’s work here: Intersectionality & Disability.
Keri Gray is seeking a part time consultant to work as a Content & Communications Coordinator to support the Keri Gray Group and the NAMD Advocates.
The NAMD Advocates is a hub for Disabled Black & Brown people who are enhancing the social and economic standards of their communities. We are looking for a storyteller, content creator, and online facilitator with a can-do attitude and a passion for helping Black & Brown people with disabilities to be seen, centered, and empowered. Being the Content & Communications Coordinator means you’ll be at the forefront of developing content that supports the leadership of Black & Brown people with disabilities and expands our society’s exposure to the intersections of racial & disability equity.
As the Content & Communications Coordinator, you’ll be in charge of launching the NAMD Advocates social media pages and posting content for those pages. You will also launch the NAMD Advocates private FB and LinkedIn pages to facilitate dialogue amongst Disabled Black & Brown people who are enhancing the social and economic standards of their communities. You’ll work closely with other key contributors, particularly our Founder & CEO Keri Gray. Our goal will be to create content that gets our network excited about leadership that is grounded in the experiences of Black & Brown people with disabilities and to cultivate relationships amongst this generation of problem solvers.
This is a remote based and part time consulting position. The consultant will have the flexibility to make their own schedule that allows for all tasks to be completed on a weekly basis. The consultant will ideally be based in the Washington, DC metro area for occasional in-person meetings with our Founder, Keri Gray. The work week is 10-20 hours per week, and compensation is negotiable.
Key Job Components
- Content Creation & Management
- Social Media Management
- Newsletter Management
- Research and Writing
- Photography and Editing
- Video Editing
- Knowledge and/or a strong interest in disability and racial equity
- Experience in managing online platforms (ie- facebook, twitter, youtube, instagram, linkedIn)
- Update and maintain organization’s website
- Experience editing photos & videos
- Coordinate responses to media inquiries
- Write, create, and send organizational emails, including the monthly newsletter, action alerts, program updates, and organizational appeals
- Excellent writing skills & communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Can work well under pressure
- Able to balance multiple tasks
- Must be creative
- A positive attitude and an ability to collaborate well with others
- Remote position but ideally based in the Washington, DC metro area
How to Apply:
Applications are due on September 7, 2021.
To apply send a cover letter, resume, and any examples of your work to [email protected] with Subject: First Name Last Name Content & Communications Coordinator.