Program Coordinator and Research Affiliate
Remote Consultant / Starting Immediately
Keri Gray is the Founder & CEO of the National Alliance of Melanin Disabled Advocates (NAMD Advocates). The NAMD Advocates is a membership hub for Disabled Black & Brown people who are enhancing the social and economic standards of their communities. Additionally, as a consultant, speaker, and facilitator, Keri works with companies and organizations, so they are prepared to leverage intersectionality as an organizational practice. Keri’s work has been featured in Teen Vogue, People Magazine, Time Magazine, Madamenoire, and the Diet Coke campaign #Unlabeled. See an example of Keri’s work here: Intersectionality & Disability.
Keri Gray is seeking a part time consultant to work as a Program Coordinator and Research Affiliate to support the Keri Gray Group and the NAMD Advocates.
The NAMD Advocates is a hub for Disabled Black & Brown people who are enhancing the social and economic standards of their communities. We are looking for a Program Coordinator and Research Affiliate with a can-do attitude and a passion for helping Black & Brown people with disabilities to be seen, centered, and empowered. Being the Program Coordinator & Research Affiliate means you’ll be at the forefront of developing content that supports the leadership of Black & Brown people with disabilities and content that strengthens our client’s understanding of racial & disability equity.
As the Program Coordinator & Research Affiliate, you’ll support our team in hosting programs/events that help organizations build initiatives grounded in racial and disability justice. You will also design and launch the NAMD Advocates resource library, a collection of documents, conversations, videos, and activities on leadership and strategies that help Black & Brown people with disabilities drive measurable impact. You’ll work closely with other key contributors, particularly our Founder & CEO Keri Gray. Our goal will be to create content that gets our network excited about leadership that is grounded in the experiences of Black & Brown people with disabilities and to strengthen our participants skills to build successful programs.
This is a remote based and part-time consulting position. The consultant will have the flexibility to make their own schedule that allows for all tasks to be completed on a weekly basis. The work week is 10-20 hours per week, and compensation is negotiable.
Key Job Components
- Program Coordination
- Research and Writing
- Curriculum Development
- Resource Development
- Knowledge and/or a strong interest in disability and racial equity
- Support and cultivate innovative projects, relationships, and ideas
- Write and edit resources related to leadership for Black & Brown people with disabilities
- Write and edit resources related to racial and disability justice/equity
- Manage and leverage diverse relationships that will expand the organizations brand and deliverables
- Represent the Keri Gray Group and the NAMD Advocates in cross-organizational working groups, meetings, conferences, expos, and other events
- Excellent writing skills & communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Can work well under pressure
- Able to balance multiple tasks
- Must be creative
- A positive attitude and an ability to collaborate well with others
- Remote position
How to Apply:
Applications are due on September 7, 2021.
To apply send a cover letter, resume, and any examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject: First Name Last Name Program Coordinator & Research Affiliate.